SPONSORS
Fantasy Football
LINK TO US
Link to FPM
Fantasy football forums
Add Fantasy football RSSFPM RSS

Toronto Blue Jays
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> American League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zam
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, these almost no-hitters keep coming more often. Someone's got to get one eventually. I mean, besides Mark Buehrle....

How often does a pitcher throw a no-hitter only to be traded later in the season?
Fantasy Football
Tenacious D-Store
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Rios has been selected as The Blue Jays Rep in the all-start game this tear.
Gdawg
FPM Admin
FPM Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the man the Jays dumped onto the Rangers have become their AS representative.
Tenacious D-Store
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jays GM and pathological liar JP Riccardi has said in a news conference that BJ Ryan should be 100% and ready to resume the closer role by the start of spring training.

Personally I still feel safer drafting Accardo.
Sinned
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anything think BJ would be worth a buck in a keeper league? do you think he will close this year? will he be strong?
Sinned
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
B.J. Ryan (elbow) threw his first official bullpen session of the spring on Saturday and had no problems.

Ryan estimated it was his seventh mound session since moving into that phase of his rehab. "I couldn't wait to get out there that first day," Ryan said. "You can't get the ball back fast enough once you get out there and get going. And you finally settle down and get in a little rhythm. I felt good." It looks like the Jays will let Ryan try to make it back for Opening Day.

he sounds like he is ready
Tenacious D-Store
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been taking BJ in a lot of leagues too (late in the draft of course). I am cautious of any Jays news because the Jays lie, and lie a lot. I'll be going to check out one of their open spring training sessions some time next month and get a peak at him for myself. Backing him up with Accardo is still a good idea, but I'd defiantly pay a buck for him in a keeper.
Tenacious D-Store
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Blue Jays picked up Brad Wilkerson after he was released by the M's and also bought the contract of Kevin Mench in a cash only deal. The Jays actually wanted Wilkerson instead of Overbay even trying to get him in a trade with Texas literally minutes after the Nats dealt him to the Rangers. Both are in the line up today, look for Wilkerson to pretty much put an end to any playing time Lind was expected to have. He'll probably be sent back down soon. The Jays demoted Inglett and designated Chacin for assignment to make room for them.
Gdawg
FPM Admin
FPM Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mench AND Wilkerson. Who can stop a team that has both of those beasts?

Will Riccardi have a job after this season? He has pissed all over that team.
Tenacious D-Store
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gdawg wrote:
Mench AND Wilkerson. Who can stop a team that has both of those beasts?

Will Riccardi have a job after this season? He has pissed all over that team.

Unfortunately he will.
Tenacious D-Store
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny enough there are no rumors swirling that Gibbons could be fired and JP could be next. I still don't buy it but this is one time where I would celebrate being wrong. Wells is now out with a broken wrist, so some of y'all need to start looking for an OF.

Wilkerson and Mench should be available. Mr. Green
Tenacious D-Store
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 3 up 3 down on Vernon Wells will be old news by tomorrow as he was activated and played in todays game light years ahead of his projected rehab schedule. I thought he'd be given some minor league rehab starts and that he'd be back next week though. With so many injuries this season Wells was cut lose in a lot of leagues to free up DL spots. Go hunting and maybe you'll get him for free.
Gdawg
FPM Admin
FPM Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Ricciardi have a job still?
Quote:
"It sure wasn't easy to take when J.P. in the papers was telling everybody in the baseball world that nobody wanted me, when I knew that that was in fact not the truth," he said in a telephone interview. "To say that nobody was interested in me was inaccurate and embarrassing and it really made me look bad. I wasn't happy with that."
"Nobody ever wanted to tell me what was going on," he said. "That was the only part that was hard to swallow. I felt like I deserved a little bit more honesty than that. But then again, I felt like, with my service to the ball club and the way that I played the last three years, that I deserved the opportunity to be the everyday guy for at least a month and go out there and prove to them that I wasn't the right guy for the job anymore, but I never was given that opportunity."

Ricciardi declined to respond to Zaun's criticism.

"We wish him nothing but the best," Ricciardi said. "We've got nothing bad to say about Gregg Zaun. He did a great job for us."

This isn't the first time Ricciardi has been called out for being a liar and I can't imagine many FAs want to go to Toronto to begin with. That guy is doing much more harm than good for the Blue Jays. And being in that division, you can't afford to have a GM that is that much of a negative.
Tenacious D-Store
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was any previous doubt as to the lack of healthy pitchers and rotation strength in Toronto this should be the nail in the coffin. The Jays are currently banking on Mike Maroth who they signed to a minor league deal in December to fill the 5th spot in their rotation. Maroth will have no fantasy value whatsoever.

Last edited by Tenacious D-Store on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
theSnake
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

join the brett cecil fan club right now
Tenacious D-Store
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think the Jays will struggle to win 60 games this year. They might actually be worse than the Pirates.
theSnake
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like the Jays for some reason. I've always paid a good amount of attention to them. I think they need to move Halladay to still fill some holes for the future and hope that Cecil, Rzepczynski and either Romero or Mills can help fill out their rotation while Snider, Jackson and Cooper grow around Rios, Lind and Wells. I think this team has some serious potential, but as always, the AL East is never easy on anyone.
Gdawg
FPM Admin
FPM Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Smoak for Roy Halladay. It will go down this season when the Rangers are running away with the division and could use an an extra top of the rotation starter to go along with Sheets.
Tenacious D-Store
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone see Randy Ruiz steal the first base of his career tonight? The guy runs like a three-legged mule, if it wasn't for the fact that the throw was way off he would have been out six feet away from the plate. I'm sure Cito congratulated him, then warned him to never do it again. The Jays may be up by 5, but that was just stupid.
Null
Graphics Crew
Graphics Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Jays, will you please trade Encarnacion away. I cannot take Buck Martinez's pronunciation of his name anymore! Bucks voice is so annoying to!
Tenacious D-Store
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like ex-Rays batboy Jesse Litch will probably never pitch again. Too bad, he was never all that good but he was fun to watch on the mound.
Quote:

Toronto starter Jesse Litsch, who needed emergency surgery back in March due to an infection which developed in his right shoulder, may never pitch again, reports the Toronto Sun on Monday. Litsch's infection has gotten worse and the 27-year-old may never be able to recover enough to pitch again.
(Updated 05/21/12)

Quote:
Sportsnet Staff | May 21, 2012, 11:54 am

Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Jesse Litsch tells Sportsnet his shoulder injury and subsequent infection has become 'career threatening.'

After Litsch was shut down early in training camp due to inflammation in his right shoulder, he received a platelet-rich plasmas (PRP) injection to help with the healing process. However, the 27-year-old did not react well to the shot, an infection developed and Litsch needed emergency surgery in March.

Litsch told Sportsnet's Barry Davis on Monday that since the infection his shoulder has gotten worse and has become "career threatening."
SPcARuTAbNSs
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's pretty terrifying to have such a serious infection like that. But then again, everything about infections is scaring me after the Georgia zip line accident with that one girl contracting the flesh eating disease.
Tenacious D-Store
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So first The Jays announce Steve Delabar was going on the disabled list with an unspecified injury, then he is actually demoted to AAA. Rumors are swirling that Delabar has been abusing prescription painkillers, and that this is actually a "break" so he can receive treatment discretely. It will be interesting to see if the Jays acknowledge the rumor or not.
D-Store
FPM Veteran
FPM Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jays have Aaron Sanchez starting a preseason game tonight, so it would appear they are leaning towards him as the #5 starter and letting Cecil open the season as the closer.
dbacksfan414
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stroman out for the year with a torn ACL... this throws a wrench into their plans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> American League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: