Links/Affiliates
SPONSORS
Fantasy Football
LINK TO US
Link to FPM
Fantasy football forums
Add Fantasy football RSSFPM RSS

If you have not picked up Bud Norris..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> MLB Fantasy Futures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OkieBeatdown
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: If you have not picked up Bud Norris.. Reply with quote

I'd advise doing so. This kid is tearing it up in his first 3 games.. 17 innings 18 SO's and a 0.90 era (Lower now because he just breezed through another inning) Finally have something to be thankful for as an Astro's fan. Smile
Fantasy Football
Surge
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FPM Jinx strikes again.
Tenacious D-Store
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surge wrote:
The FPM Jinx strikes again.

LOL... I was gonna make some smartass comment about how I picked him up in the dynasty, but I feared Karma.
OkieBeatdown
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he did ok. Got the win. and still has a 2-1 SO - W ratio. 22 SO 11 W's. and an ERA of 3.00. I'll take that over what most of my pitchers are doing right now.
Tenacious D-Store
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually last night he posted an ERA of 7.20 with a 2.20 WHIP. He's not always gonna be perfect right out of the gate, I think he's gonna be solid.
Gdawg
FPM Admin
FPM Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too crazy on Norris. He'll be a solid pitcher in the Majors, but I think you're looking at a middle of the rotation kind of guy who's going to be asked to be a top of the rotation guy. Thoughout the minors, he had success but was always at an age appropriate level if not a bit older than the competition. Despite that, he still had somewhat shaky control and was a bit too HR prone. He'll probably be able to do well for the rest of this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets hit hard to start off next season when teams have a better scouting report on him plus experience against him.
OkieBeatdown
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gdawg wrote:
I'm not too crazy on Norris. He'll be a solid pitcher in the Majors, but I think you're looking at a middle of the rotation kind of guy who's going to be asked to be a top of the rotation guy. Thoughout the minors, he had success but was always at an age appropriate level if not a bit older than the competition. Despite that, he still had somewhat shaky control and was a bit too HR prone. He'll probably be able to do well for the rest of this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets hit hard to start off next season when teams have a better scouting report on him plus experience against him.

oh yeah?! Well... Your crummy team doesn't even have a roof on their stadium. Razz thanks for pissing on my rice crispies. Damn Gil.. Crying or Very sad
Gdawg
FPM Admin
FPM Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they still go "Snap, Crackle, Mitch, and Pop!" It just doesn't taste quite as good anymore. Very Happy
krush40
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Mr Hedberg!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> MLB Fantasy Futures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: