Links/Affiliates
SPONSORS
Fantasy Football
LINK TO US
Link to FPM
Fantasy football forums
Add Fantasy football RSSFPM RSS

Amare/RJ for Joe Johnson/Gordon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> NBA Roster Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bashbrothers
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Amare/RJ for Joe Johnson/Gordon? Reply with quote

I'm not sure if i should do this deal...what do you guys think? I'm kind of clueless when it comes to fantasy hoops. This is a one year ROTO league.

I get - Amare Staudimire (PHX-PF/C) / Richard Jefferson (MIL-SF) / Derrick Rose (CHI-PG)

I Lose - Ben Gordon (CHI-SG) / Joe Johnson (ATL-PG/SG) / Mike Miller (MIN-SG/SF)

My Team -
PG - Deron Williams (UTA-PG)
SG - Joe Johnson (ATL-SG/PG)
SF - Rudy G@y (MEM-SF)
PF - Chris Bosh (TOR-PF/C)
C - Samuel Dalembert (PHI-C)
UTIL - Andrei Kirilenko (UTA-SF/PF)
UTIL - Jamal Crawford (NYK-SG/PG)
UTIL - Nene Hilario (DEN-PF/C)
BNCH - Ben Gordon (CHI-SG)
BNCH - Raymond Felton (CHA-PG/SG)
BNCH - Mike Miller (MEM-SF/SG)

I'm struggling (somehow) at getting rebounds and assists...does this improve me in those areas? Thanks guys.
Fantasy Football
Stat
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this trade works in your favor all the way around. You increase in rebounds greatly by getting Amare and dumping Gordon who hardly gets any. You improve a little in assists by getting Rose, who should benefit for the foreseeable future from Hinrich's injury. And in terms of overall value taking into account all categories, I think you make out big as Miller's having a down season with the T'Wolves and Amare has been basically the second best player in the league this year next to LeBron. Also you probably will get an added boost in assists from the return of Deron Williams.
Surge
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pretty even deal. Amare's a stud, of course, and then Jefferson in Milwaukee should mean career highs in some numbers since he's one of like 2 or 3 legit options on that team. And Rose is obviously a breakout rookie who could score 15+ a game with 5+ assists once he gets more PT. What he's done so far maybe a little too much to expect all year, but it's still better than Miller (except for 3s and maybe pts).
Underdog001
FPM Junkie
FPM Junkie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No brainer, pull the trigger while you still can. Excellent deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> NBA Roster Management All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: