Links/Affiliates
SPONSORS
Fantasy Football
LINK TO US
Link to FPM
Fantasy football forums
Add Fantasy football RSSFPM RSS

Homer Bailey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> MLB Fantasy Futures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gdawg
FPM Admin
FPM Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Homer Bailey Reply with quote

Quote:
Despite earning his first win of the spring and allowing no earned runs in 4 1/3 innings, Homer Bailey looked just awful. He walked six batters, including Marcum, and ended up throwing just 42 of his 84 pitches for strikes. Even worse, his curveball was about the least deceptive curve I've seen in quite some time. He threw it from a different arm slot than his over-the-top fastball, and it had to be quite readable to hitters. He throws hard, but the kid just doesn't look ready for the bigs right now. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my mixed-league -- maybe not even my NL-only -- roster right now

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/baseball/flb/story?page=roberts032508

Well, that doesn't so good for Bailey and his possible future as a top of the rotation pitcher

Last edited by Gdawg on Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fantasy Football
Tenacious D-Store
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major League bust. I see no future for Homer Bailey in the MLB personally.
OkieBeatdown
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah.. they say he pretty well assured himself a starting spot..

on the AAA team.. Rolling Eyes
Gdawg
FPM Admin
FPM Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From all that I've heard of him in ST, he certainly has no future in Cinncy. He pissed off Dusty who already has a vendetta against young talent.
OkieBeatdown
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gdawg wrote:
From all that I've heard of him in ST, he certainly has no future in Cinncy. He pissed off Dusty who already has a vendetta against young talent.

Are you serious? Dusty is a moron.. It's sad that a team would lose a top prospect just because the dude made the manager mad.. in 2 years, when the Lizard is gone, they will regret trading this kid away if they do.
Surge
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His walk totals were way too high in triple-A last year. He improves that, and he's almost unhittable at that level based on last year's #s, and he could be a good stash option in deeper leagues.
Gdawg
FPM Admin
FPM Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OkieBeatdown wrote:
Gdawg wrote:

Are you serious? Dusty is a moron.. It's sad that a team would lose a top prospect just because the dude made the manager mad.. in 2 years, when the Lizard is gone, they will regret trading this kid away if they do.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it would be a smart move to give up on him. I just think that with the way things are going for the Reds now, he won't be there much longer or at least won't have any success on the Major League team. He's been complaining to the media and that doesn't go well with any struggles he might be having right now. It seems like he could really use a change of scenery soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> MLB Fantasy Futures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: