Links/Affiliates
SPONSORS
Fantasy Football
LINK TO US
Link to FPM
Fantasy football forums
Add Fantasy football RSSFPM RSS

Daric Barton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> MLB Fantasy Futures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surge
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Daric Barton Reply with quote

A first rounder from just three seasons back, Daric Barton, 20, has already reached triple-A Sac. He's almost Billy Beane's idol going .316 / .439 / .491 in AA last year, and though his power is not as impressive, Barton displays excellent discipline and pure hitting capabilities. The first baseman had 32 walks to 26 K in the minors this year and a .389 OBP, but faced a huge setback for two months.

Barton, considered the best first base prospect in baseball and the best spect in the A's system, is out 6-to-8 weeks with a fractured bone in his left arm. Despite his impressive offensive production, defense hasn't been that impressive. His BA in May was also sub-.200. This will certainly hinder his development and probably keep Dan Johnson at first.
Coolbreeze
FPM Veteran
FPM Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To bad he couldnt stay as a catcher
Trent215
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drafted him as one of my minor leaguers in my dynasty league a few years back since I thought I could play him at catcher when he comes up. I'm probably going to trade him though since I really don't need him now that he plays 1st(already got Tex and Helton).

BTW he was involved in the Mulder trade wasn't he?
Surge
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy's been one of the better players recently. If you don't have him in a keeper, first kick yourself in the face, then pick him up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> MLB Fantasy Futures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: