Links/Affiliates
SPONSORS
Fantasy Football
LINK TO US
Link to FPM
Fantasy football forums
Add Fantasy football RSSFPM RSS

New Draft Strategy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> MLB Rate My Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-Store
FPM Veteran
FPM Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:19 am    Post subject: New Draft Strategy Reply with quote

I don't typically  toot my own horn. At least not since my Tenacious D-Store gimmick when my inner douchebag ran wild. More recent events in my life have humbled me. So I reserve the right to brag a bit about these two teams I just drafted. I feel like my perfect draft strategy has finally clicked. I've always been somewhat talented with numbers. That's combined with my love of baseball made Paul DePodesta an instant hero of mine. (If you've seen Money Ball - and if you haven't, shame on you - his character is renamed Peter Brand, because DePodesta does not like the spotlight.  Sabermetrics works, at least in real baseball. The A's proved that. So I decided this year, i would draft based on that. After looking at the teams I was drafting, I thought they were contention worthy, but I was realizing more and more that my new rankings found me reaching for guys that would have fallen, and ignoring guys that still would have been very good on a fantasy team. So I decided to try drafting just going down the queue of guys I wouldn't be unhappy with on my team (and there's quite a few guys I don't for one reason or another). I would than just flip between the Site Rankings and the ADP, sticking two my top two next choices based on each list, and eliminating two based on positional needs,  and/or a specific stat that might need a boost. I stuck to the strategy through out the draft, even if it meant letting go someone I "Wanted". I was so happy with the team, I did a H2H draft right after (my list isn't completely  the same for both types).  Again, all my draft "rules and personal projections were out the window, drafting a pitcher in the first round is a cardinal sin for me.  The result of my strategy comined with a strict "no reaching" rule, is  in my opinion two of the better, and most balanced teams I've ever drafted. I'd like to know what you guys think. Both are 12 team leagues. I do like the Roto team better though.

Roto 5X5
C) JT Realmuto
1B) Freddy Freeman
2B) C. Hernandez
3B) M. Andujar
SS) E. Andrus
MI) X. Bogaerts
CI) R. Devers
OF) M. Trout
OF) B. Harper
OF) E. Inciarte
OF) H. Renfroe
OF) J. Martinez
UTL) R. Grichuk
BN) G. Hampson
BN) Do. Santana

P) N. Syndergaard
P) B. Treinen
P) R. Osuna
P) Z. Wheeler
P) M. Tanaka
P) C. Morton
P) C. Hamels
P) K. Giles
P) J. Alvarado
BN) K. Gibson

H2H Categories (first time on ESPN standard 5 hitting categories, but a few extra pitching ones)
C) B. Posey
1B) A. Rizzo
2B) J. Villar
3B) E. Suarez
SS) A. Simmons
MI) D. LeMahieu
CI) M. Muncy
OF) B. Harper
OF) E. Rosario
OF) A. McCutchen
OF) M. Kepler
OF) N. Markakis
UTL) D. Palka
BN) W. Adames

P) M. Scherzer
P) C. Carrasco
P) R. Osuna
P) C. Kimbrel
P) G. Marquez
P) L. Castillo
P) R. Porcello
P) P. Strop
P) H. Ryu
BN) D. Steckenrider
BN) H. Strickland
Fantasy Football
The League
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you found something there. Both teams are pretty solid and I agree that your roto is the better of the 2. Nice work man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> MLB Rate My Team All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: