SPONSORS
Fantasy Football
LINK TO US
Link to FPM
Fantasy football forums
Add Fantasy football RSSFPM RSS

Rule Proposals for 2018
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> FPM NFL Dynasty League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbacksfan414
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Rule Proposals for 2018 Reply with quote

This is my smallest dynasty league in terms of total players by a decent margin. I would like to add either another WR spot or another flex spot. I would not add both... just one or the other.

Also, in the rest of my football leagues, the waiver order carries over from year to year. This change would be for 2019, not next year. I just want to get an idea if anyone wants this.

One thing I am not considering is making this a PPR league.

Any other proposals, just post them, and I'll give it a thought.
Fantasy Football
Anthony
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to do that I'd add another bench also. With buy weeks and injuries, it can be hard to fill a lineup.
zam
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any particular reason we aren’t considering ppr? has it been voted down in the past?
Anthony
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like half point ppr.
The League
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Anthony. If we add a spot then we should expand the rosters accordingly.

I'm in favor of the proposal for the waiver order carrying over from season to season. That just seems like common sense since we carry over the same rosters.

I think we should at least discuss PPR.
zam
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like that ppr removes some of the “luck” from the scoring, as TDs can be difficult to predict and vary more wildly from year to year. for implementation we could use a stepping-stone approach, staring with 0.1 ppr, then 0.25 ppr the following year, then 0.5, etc.

i also agree with the additional roster spots, but i would like it to be on the condition that some form of ppr is instituted. otherwise that extra spot is going to be a huge crapshoot week to week.
dbacksfan414
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zam wrote:
is there any particular reason we aren’t considering ppr? has it been voted down in the past?

I think it's strange changing the scoring format in the middle of a dynasty league. If we wanted PPR, we might as well start the entire league over. But majority rules. If you guys want PPR, even if we increase it little by little, fine by me.
dbacksfan414
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony wrote:
If we were to do that I'd add another bench also. With buy weeks and injuries, it can be hard to fill a lineup.

Yeah, that is a good point. I just don't want the league to grow so big.
Gdawg
FPM Admin
FPM Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the extra starting position already including another roster spot? Or are we saying only one more roster spot?

I wouldn't hate PPR, but I don't want more than a half point PPR. I wouldn't mind .25 PPR too, especially for the first season.
dbacksfan414
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gdawg wrote:
Is the extra starting position already including another roster spot? Or are we saying only one more roster spot?

I wouldn't hate PPR, but I don't want more than a half point PPR. I wouldn't mind .25 PPR too, especially for the first season.

I originally wanted one extra starting spot (preferably a flex), but adding an extra starting spot doesn't make sense by itself. So, the proposal is an extra flex spot and an extra bench spot. At the moment, there are 224 players rostered not including IR spots. That is by far the least among all of my dynasty leagues.
SPcARuTAbNSs
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be in favor of adding another FLEX starter, and I think it makes sense to add the bench spot to go with it.

I feel like most of my leagues have gravitated to PPR, but it is a bit odd to change in the middle of a dynasty when people have set up their rosters to compete without the PPR. I don't really mind either way, but I understand if some people are against it based on their roster construction.
dbacksfan414
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPcARuTAbNSs wrote:
I would be in favor of adding another FLEX starter, and I think it makes sense to add the bench spot to go with it.

I feel like most of my leagues have gravitated to PPR, but it is a bit odd to change in the middle of a dynasty when people have set up their rosters to compete without the PPR. I don't really mind either way, but I understand if some people are against it based on their roster construction.

This is exactly why I haven't considered it. But if you guys want PPR, that's fine with me.
zam
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that’s the concern that the “stepping stone” approach of implementing ppr scoring was meant to alleviate. that way it takes effect in smaller, gradual increments and is easier to adjust to
ahathaway
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say add a Flex and a Bench with 1/2 point PPR and that will give enough people time to make up for the PPR depth issue without a major shift in scoring. If they are already sound in PPR, then they can focus elsewhere.
The League
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that changing rules is one thing, but changing the scoring format in a dynasty is kind of drastic, no matter how small, especially since this isn't exactly a young league.

If we go with PPR, I submit that we go with .1 the first year and then .25 the year after and then cap it off right there. If we decide to do more than that in a few years then we'll vote again, but I'm against voting farther than 2 seasons ahead on this right now. At least then we'd have the opportunity to adequately gauge the effect of the change.
Anthony
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saquan Barkley will be amazing in ppr for me after I draft him.
Mickels
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For whatever it's worth, I like the league the way it is. If I had to be for any changes it would be to add a bench spot only. However, I do like the fact our rosters, as they are now, force you to make some tough choices come bye weeks. I'm not for adding another lineup spot, flex or WR, or making this a PPR in any way. Just my two cents.
Anthony
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no preference on any of the rule changes.
krush40
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of expanding by two roster spots. One bench and one flex.

My gut is against PPR. But if we go that way, the idea of .01 and then .25 seems like a good middle ground. And I agree we shouldn't vote for things more than two years out since it makes it unnecessarily complicated and we'll never find people to fill empty spots if they are walking into chaos voted on by previous participants.
Johndm95
FPM Junkie
FPM Junkie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m ok with whatever you guys decide. Not gonna rock the boat. I like bigger rosters too.
dbacksfan414
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've said previously, if we were starting from scratch, I would definitely prefer PPR. But since all of the rosters have been drafted for awhile, it makes no sense to me.

Is anyone besides Scott opposed to adding a flex and a bench?

Also, I think I'm going to carry the waiver order over starting next year. For this year, the waiver order will be reverse order of last year's standings. For 2019, the waiver order will be the order that it was to end 2018. I do that in all of my other dynasty leagues.
dbacksfan414
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys to want to include .1 for a reception, I changed my mind. I'm not going to enforce it just because I don't want it. If you guys want it, I'll include it. But if this does pass, I wish I kept Landry...

And maybe another IR spot? What do you guys want? There are so many injuries, but I hate it that you can put a player not on IR in your IR spot for Yahoo.
dbacksfan414
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, two more things:

1. I noticed that playoff re-seeding is not on. Should I "enforce" playoff re-seeding?

2. I doubt this will pass, but in the other leagues that I run, you can trade your waiver priority as part of a trade. If you guys want to include this, I'm all for it. But I won't force the rule if you guys don't want it.
krush40
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the PPR debate continues, I came across an interesting idea that might be a decent hybrid. Rather than award PPR, you get 1 point per first down converted.

This article goes over scenarios defending the concept: https://nypost.com/2018/08/02/try-adding-this-better-scoring-option-to-your-fantasy-league/

Just something to think about for the future.
dbacksfan414
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting proposal... I'm not in any leagues that count first downs at the moment. But it is an interesting proposal for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> FPM NFL Dynasty League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: