Links/Affiliates
SPONSORS
Fantasy Football
LINK TO US
Link to FPM
Fantasy football forums
Add Fantasy football RSSFPM RSS

Who should I target?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> NBA Roster Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbacksfan414
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Who should I target? Reply with quote

I'm currently in second place in a 13 team re-draft roto league. I loved the team when I drafted it, but I desperately need assists. I drafted a lot of bigs, and I know I could trade one. There are only three bench spots, and two of them are occupied by players who will be out multiple months but are too good to cut (claimed Granger off waivers, drafted Bargnani). Some of my projected breakout players are on this team (Teague, Batum, Ibaka, Mullens), but it isn't good enough for first at the moment. Here's where I stand in each category:

FG%- 7 (close to losing 1)
FT%- 13 (close to losing 1)
3PM- 9 (close to gaining 2, close to losing 2)
PTS: 7.5 (close to gaining 2.5, close to losing 2.5)
REB: 8 (close to gaining 1, close to losing 2)
AST: 1 (not even close)
STL: 5 (close to gaining 1, close to losing 2)
BLK: 13 (close to losing 1)
TO: 10 (close to losing 2)

PG- Jeff Teague
SG- Nicolas Batum (also SF)
G- Lou Williams (PG,SG)
SF- Andrei Kirilenko (also PF)
PF- Chris Bosh (also C)
F- Ed Davis (PF,C)
C- Al Jefferson (also PF)
C- Serge Ibaka (also PF)
Util- Byron Mullens (PF,C)
Util- Ramon Sessions (PG,SG)

BN- C.J. Miles (SG,SF)
BN- Andrea Bargnani (PF,C), hurt
BN- Danny Granger (SF,PF), hurt

A scoring point guard that hits threes and gets steals would be perfect (Curry, Lillard and Irving come to mind). But I'm so far back in assists (52 assists until I gain a point) that it might be worth tanking assists (and I hate tanking a category). What should I do? Do I go after the point guard, or should I just get someone who gets threes and steals only?
Fantasy Football
Surge
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see both those guys (Granger and Bargnani) in free agency in my 12-teamer, but it is a public league, so you probably know best.

Whether you go for assists depends on the leader and 3rd place. Look at those two teams - if you can catch them in that stat (they're 11 and 12) then go for it. If not, I'd look to keep an advantage over those teams in whatever stat you guys are really close.

I think Ibaka's a hell of a sell high candidate, but that noted, he's still gonna be a league leader in blocks, rebounds and FG% while adding 15+ points with Harden in Houston, so I can understand not making the game-changing move.

Kirilenko may be worth dealing - Rubio's gonna take some of the ball handling there.

I would trade Lou if someone loves points and devalues assists.
dbacksfan414
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd add Granger and Bargnani if I were you if it's a roto league with a max game limit. In a H2H league, you need all the stream spots you could get.

Is Ibaka for Paul a fair offer? I mean, Ibaka is in a tier of his own for blocks, but Paul was a top-three overall pick after Durant and LeBron in some order.

Kirilenko is awesome for roto. I really don't want to give him up, either. He's managed to stay relatively healthy so far.

I'll try to trade Lou, but a Lou for a PG trade makes zero sense for the other owner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> NBA Roster Management All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: