Links/Affiliates
SPONSORS
Fantasy Football
LINK TO US
Link to FPM
Fantasy football forums
Add Fantasy football RSSFPM RSS

Stealing First

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> FPM Features Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theSnake
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Stealing First Reply with quote

Hey all. I just started up the weekly baseball article on here called Stealing First. After this week's one, I'll be looking for emails (much like the Pick Six) so if you have any topic ideas or questions, PM me or email me at Pick_six@hotmail.com. Let me know what you think. Next week will hopefully be a little more detailed once Spring Training games really kick off.
Mickels
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jake.

However, I really wish you'd communicate better with us about things you're writing. I've been trying to organize our baseball projects. I even made a thread for people to contribute and let us know what they plan on doing this year. You should really let people, besides just Kyle, know what's going on. We're supposed to be a team here. It really defeats the purpose of trying to keep these things organized when you're just doing things on your own without letting anyone know. Don't get me wrong, I more than appreciate your time and work, but communicating with your other staff member would be very helpful.
theSnake
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I never saw any post about the baseball writings. And no one has contacted me on the topic personally other than a few discussions I had with Kyle during the football season. If there's anything you guys want to talk to me about, I'm on here pretty often and I put my email out there for everyone to see. Sorry about the mix up however.
Mickels
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries. It's under the writers forums, under "Baseball Projects".

Also, last time I talked to you, you said you weren't sure if you would be doing baseball or not. Now, I see the aritcle and I'm like... Uhhhh, OK. Mr. Green
theSnake
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Well if there's anything else you'd want a hand on or done, just let me know. Same goes to anyone else that needs some assistance.
Mickels
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I like knowing what everyone is doing #1, so it's all organized and no one is doing a similar project and #2, so I can promote your articles properly on the podcasts.
ahathaway
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, great job with the Stealing First article Jake.

http://www.fantasyplaymakers.com/Stealing_First/p2_articleid/258
ahathaway
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake called it and it has come true:

http://www.fantasyplaymakers.com/Stealing_First/p2_articleid/295 wrote:
Baked Zito - Barry Zito will be sliding in to the bullpen for the time being, making him a relatively well paid long relief man. The Giants have decided that Zito should work on his problems out of the pen. I don't know how the pen is going to add 5-6 miles per hour back on to his fast ball and add location, but if that what the team feels will help then so be it. In reality, Zito seems to be trying too hard to live up to the absurd money he was given. It's not his fault there was a team stupid enough to pay him that money.
Tim Lincecum, Matt Cain and Jonathan Sanchez will be taking on the big innings with recent call-up Pat Misch taking over the fourth spot. As of now, no one is sure who will be the fifth starter when the time comes to throw one out there. Noah Lowry hasn't even begun to throw really and Kevin Correia is on the DL with a strained left oblique. The team has some serious problems with no real solutions on the horizons and you can almost be assured that when the need for a fifth starter arises, Zito will be asked to step back in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3384562
Mickels
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say I loved you calling out ESPN and their obvious favortism to certain teams. It's sickening.

Plus, I just don't get their TV schedule. At least twice I've seen them televise games that were already being televised on WGN or TBS.
theSnake
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is. I live in CT and I can't even stand the fact that they don't recognize half the pro teams out there. They'll give a few minutes to a Yankees or Red Sox game and then just show the one main highlight of a Twins or Rangers game and throw up the score. Even in football or basketball, it's the big markets and that's it.
Then I have to listen to Stuart Scott and Mike Wilbon's opinion on all their "boys." It makes it tough to watch.
And don't even get me started on Chris Berman doing golf or their other TV teams.
Mickels
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listening to Colin Cowherd a few weeks ago and someone called in and brought up that exact point. I believe it was a Tigers fan calling in asking why isn't ESPN showing the Tigers/Indians game instead of the (I think it was...) the Yankees/Twins game? He basically replies with, "It's what the ratings tell us. They get better ratings with New York and Boston than any other teams." Somehow I don't buy it's solely determined by ratings.

Stuart Scott is bad. And his lazy eye doesn't help. I don't midn Wilbon too much though. Ever notice how none of the players in trouble with the law or anythig like that, are their "boys"? Their "boys" are always the best and most respected athletes. You never hear "My boy, Ron Artest", do you? LOL!

Berman's relevance has been gone for at least a decade. No one gives rats' a$$ what he has to say anymore. Ugh.... I could go on forever about how bad ESPN has become. I will only listen to ESPN Radio anymore and usually that's just in the morning.
John_Lubic
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN is trying to kill my interest in sports. My love for the NFL is definitely declining as a direct result of over-saturation and too many commercials and prima donnas in the league, all a direct result, in one way or another, of ESPN.

My Little Pony you, ESPN.
Gdawg
FPM Admin
FPM Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theSnake wrote:
It is. I live in CT and I can't even stand the fact that they don't recognize half the pro teams out there. They'll give a few minutes to a Yankees or Red Sox game and then just show the one main highlight of a Twins or Rangers game and throw up the score. Even in football or basketball, it's the big markets and that's it.
Then I have to listen to Stuart Scott and Mike Wilbon's opinion on all their "boys." It makes it tough to watch.
And don't even get me started on Chris Berman doing golf or their other TV teams.

You don't have to tell me. I'll watch that Rangers-Twins game and see an amazing pitching performance from both team, 4 or 5 lead changes, great plays being made, and just an overall amazing game to watch. That might get you a quick update on Sportscenter. I haven't watched more than a few minutes of ESPN a day at most for the past few months and haven't cared any. Any sports related info I want is online somewhere and if they ever say anything important, I can find about it online too.
theSnake
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gdawg wrote:
theSnake wrote:

You don't have to tell me. I'll watch that Rangers-Twins game and see an amazing pitching performance from both team, 4 or 5 lead changes, great plays being made, and just an overall amazing game to watch. That might get you a quick update on Sportscenter. I haven't watched more than a few minutes of ESPN a day at most for the past few months and haven't cared any. Any sports related info I want is online somewhere and if they ever say anything important, I can find about it online too.

That's why I end up buying the MLB, NHL and starting this fall NFL packages. I'd rather be able to watch the games I want, when I want. As for the NBA, I kind of like the TNT crew and there is some comedy for those that have had the pleasure of hearing Tommy Heinsohn during a Celtics game. The guy is a throwback to Johnny Most and he still is pretty knowledgeable about the game.
Mickels
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect example of what I'm talking about with the TV schedule tonight.

The Cubs/Rays game is perfectly being televised on WGN. But no, ESPN has to air the exact same game. Rolling Eyes What is that? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em? Granted, it's in a delay, but was SD/NYY not good enough? Hell, I wouldn't even mind watching the Dodgers/Reds.
theSnake
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a nice vacation, I'd like to inform my 2.5 readers that Stealing First is back up and worse than ever. And for all of my football readers, the Pick Six will be starting up Wednesday (hopefully). Prepare for more inane ranting.
Mickels
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! What is your Pick Six again?

I'll be doing my Mick's Picks for football. I just want to make sure we're not doing the same thing.
ahathaway
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott the Pick Six is the same as Stealing first but it is his football version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> FPM Features Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: