Links/Affiliates
SPONSORS
Fantasy Football
LINK TO US
Link to FPM
Fantasy football forums
Add Fantasy football RSSFPM RSS

Baseballs Top Prospects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> MLB Fantasy Futures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anthony
FPM Staff
FPM Staff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Baseballs Top Prospects Reply with quote

Good info here...

http://www.scoutingbook.com/prospects/
Gdawg
FPM Admin
FPM Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, they really crap on the Rangers farm system. A lot of experts have said that the Rangers have one of the top systems in the league now, but apparently don't deserve more than 2 prospects in the top 100 and something. This in particular makes me dislike them.
Quote:

His acquisition by Texas as part of the Mark Teixeira deal reduces Harrison's value somewhat, but he's still a quality arm worth keeping an eye on

There's also this:
Quote:
Fighting for a rotation spot, Volquez showed flashes of brilliance last year. If he starts this season in AA, he's still only a phone call away.

Volquez is going into this upcoming season as a near-lock for a rotation spot. Not sure why he would start the season in AA. And of course no Chris Davis which bugs me quite a bit. Check out Chris Davis' stats last season and you'll know why he is considered one of the Rangers best prospects if not their top prospect. If you want better minor league info, check out http://www.minorleagueball.com/
Surge
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the top 20 status of Carrasco. 4.86 ERA, 49/46 K/BB, 9 HR in 70 IP in double-A. Really struggled, he'll need to really get out of the gate fast to even think about making a September callup.
zam
FPM Legend
FPM Legend

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I knew the Cubs had a decent farm system, but according to this their's is pretty good, even if he gives less than spectacular reviews for Veal and Soto. And one of them is already 30 years old....

We got Vitters, Fukudome, Gallagher, Veal, Soto, Colvin, and Patterson.

Personally, I'd be willing to part with a few of them in order to acquire Bedard and Roberts, in a heartbeat.

But, for some reason, a lot of Cub fans aren't convinced that Bedard is that much better than Rich Hill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FantasyPlaymakers.com Forum Index -> MLB Fantasy Futures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: